Friday, December 6, 2019

A Beautiful Day

It's been some time since I recorded anything in this blog, so I figured I'd pick it up again. My most recent thoughts come from the movie, "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood", a story focused on Fred Rogers from the beloved children's TV show, "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood".
Image result for mr rogers
My husband and I went to see it together and it brought me to tears. It was such a beautiful and inspiring movie!

Here are some thoughts I shared on Facebook.

“To die is human, and anything human is mentionable. Anything mentionable is manageable.” -Fred Rogers

This quote hit home for me. I have a lot of loved ones who have passed on and it has brought me a lot of deep sadness at the emptiness I feel from missing them in my life. Knowing that our Savior made it possible for us to heal from the grief and sorrow that comes with the death of a loved one makes it “manageable”, as Mr. Rogers puts it. ❤️ There is always hope, and I’m thankful for people like Fred Rogers who #LightTheWorld.

As always, keep smiling, 
-JS

No comments:

Post a Comment