Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Find Rest in the Lord

These past two months have been a big learning experience for me. I recently had a baby, and along with that I ended up with many health complications. After undergoing minor surgery and experiencing more health troubles than I have ever had in my life, I’ve found myself having trouble sleeping (and not just because of caring for my sweet baby).

At first, it was extremely hard for me. I would cry and ask the Lord why this was happening to me. I was exhausted from taking care of my little one and I just wanted to sleep. I desperately needed the rest. But one night, I felt inspired to open my scriptures, so I followed the prompting and found myself led to verses that gave me comfort and guidance.

 I have since found that those quiet nights when I cannot get my mind to rest are times given to me by God. He answers my prayers and makes it possible for me to rest in Him. When the Lord needs me to connect with Him, He gives me these sacred opportunities to pray, reflect, and study. 

Though sleep may flee, I find rest in my God. I am so thankful for these moments of quiet reflection and the peace that they bring.

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment